Time sure has flown by. Here we are preparing for the La Quinta Arts Festival once more! I’m very excited to be kicking my show season off at this show again, as I have a number of new pieces I can’t wait to display. One of which is Wind Chester, my latest limited-edition bronze and my first eagle.
I’m also really looking forward to seeing the reception this year to my expanded “Desk Buddies” collection. When I debuted them at La Quinta last year my patrons had to place orders, since I’d had time to produce only one of each. This year I’ve been able to build up some inventory, so patrons will experience instant gratification. The little fellows definitely give my overall body of work balance, as they are priced to be accessible.
For those of you who don’t know much about La Quinta, here’s a quick rundown of the event:
- Held in La Quinta, CA at the La Quinta Civic Center Campus
- It’s ranked as the top fine arts festival in the nation
- The show runs from March 5-8th
- Tickets are $15 for a single day pass and $20 for the whole 3 days – They can be bought here
- Artists must apply and pass a very competitive jury process to get in
- In 2014, the show exceeded $3.1 million in gross art sales
- There are more than 100 artists, in mediums including sculpture, photography, painting, ceramics, jewelry and more
One of my favorite parts of the show is always connecting with people x collectors and fellow artists. There is such an amazing energy and spirit with the crowd there. So if you’ll be at the show, be sure to stop by! Look for booth 800.
Soon we’ll be out of the snow in Colorado and soaking in the sun, mountains, beautiful art, and great people in La Quinta, California!